Pages

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

School Introductions

Today we visited each of the schools our student teachers will be in this semester and we finally got our placements. The middle school and high school are in a nice part of town. The middle school recently underwent a major renovation and looks quite upscale with all of its smartboards. I'll be teaching 1st grade at Watkins Elementary. The school is definitely inner city and the oldest of those we visited today. It's four stories tall and houses PK-4th grade students. My mentor teacher is Todd O'Neil. He looks really young and the class looks tiny (less than 20 students). I think my student teaching at the end of the BYU Kindergarten year will help me a lot as I now begin the year with 1st graders. I start observations tomorrow and Friday.