Pages

Saturday, October 23, 2010

National Zoo

After finishing our TWSs on Wednesday, RaeLene and I decided that we seriously deserved a relaxing getaway this weekend. So that's just what we did. This morning we went to Eastern Market and got French Toast--SO delicious. I also bought one of the flashy pearl rings that I tried on last time we went to Eastern Market. Afterward I went to the National Zoo, one of my D.C. bucket list items. Just like all the Smithsonians, I didn't see even close to everything there, but that just means I need to go back, which is fine with me. These are just a couple of the animals I saw today.

Giant panda eating bamboo...pretty self explanatory.

I thought this sign was funny, maybe a little ironic. You can see the crane in the background on the left.


The zookeepers opened a fence so a few people could get within 10 feet of the zebras and the wolf while they were being fed.