Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Natural History Museum


Last weekend I went to the Natural History Museum. I don't really know what I expected, but I was surprised by what was there. They have a lot of animal skeletons, several artifacts from various civilizations, and my favorite part--the gem collection. It consisted of multiple rooms filled with crystals, gems, and minerals of all shapes and sizes and colors. The museum was huge. I want to go back because I think there's a lot of stuff I missed, but of course I don't really know because I sorta lost myself as I wandered around. Every time I turned a corner there was something new. I like to think this t-rex is the one from Night at the Museum.

Sapphires.

Crown of Marie Antoinette...supposedly. The picture doesn't do it justice, but it's HUGE, and it's SHINY!

This turtle was maybe about 6 feet tall. Crazy.

You can't see it very clearly, but my favorite one is swinging on a tree in the top right-hand corner.