Pages

Thursday, November 4, 2010

BOM #1

A few weeks ago I decided that the guy who gives me my paper every morning at the metro needed a Book of Mormon. Before giving it to him I thought I should probably know what his name is. So I asked. He said it's Aquessi.

On Monday I decided it was time. So I approached him on my way to school and asked if he was interested in religion. He said he was very interested in religion. I asked him if he was interested in reading my book. He looked at it and asked if it was the Bible. I said no. He told me he attends the Church of the Pentecost. Then he looked at the book again and asked if it was the New Testament. I said no. I explained, briefly, that the Book of Mormon is another testament of Jesus Christ--a record of Christ visiting the people in the Americas. I asked him again if he was interested in reading my book. He humbly lowered his head, smiled and nodded, and said, "Yes, I would like to read it." I gave it to him and turned to leave. He asked me my name, so I told him, then I left to catch my metro.