Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010

National Botanic Garden

This Capital building is made completely from plants. Each of the pillars is a twig, and the rest of it is bark, wood, or leaves.

This is the view from the balcony in the jungle room.

Mom, this picture is for you, mostly because of the Bird of Paradise.

Since I went alone, I had to set up my camera on top of an information plaque, turn on the timer, and then run into the picture. It was the best I could do. I don't even know what this house thing was, but it was part of the Botanic gardens. You can see the jungle greenhouse in the back.

This was part of the butterfly garden. Yes, I know it's a moth.

On Veteran's Day I figured the museums, monuments, and memorials would be pretty crowded so I decided to go to the National Botanic Garden on the outskirts of town. I've been wanting to go for a while because it's fairly close to my school. The actual garden, which was outdoors, wasn't very impressive. It was beautiful weather and a nice view of the Capital, but the plants were pretty ordinary. However, inside the conservatory it was beautiful! I explored plants from the garden, desert, jungle, Hawaii, and primitive plants. It was hot and humid, but it smelled great.