Pages

Friday, May 9, 2014

Chocolate Chip Cookies

After failing every cookie recipe I've tried since moving to California, including my tried and true favorite chocolate chip recipe from my childhood, I was determined to make something better than just an "edible" cookie. I googled something like "chewy chocolate chip cookies". Then I clicked on Images. I scrolled through many, many pictures and finally clicked on one that looked exactly like what I was craving. The recipe looked a little strange. It involved something called the "jagged edge technique." It didn't seem like something that would end up being the best cookies on the planet. I went back to the images and scrolled through until I found the next picture that looked like the perfect cookie. Strangely enough, it was a completely different website with the exact same recipe. I thought I should try it.

They were large. They were chewy. They were delicious. I don't even have pictures because they were gone so fast.

But here's the recipe I followed. EXACTLY. Except I used milk chocolate chips because I love them.

Thick and Chewy Chocolate Chip Cookies

Photo by thequotablekitchen.com