Pages

Thursday, May 8, 2014

Jogging Strollers and Central Vacuums

When my family moved to our new house in Highland we had a central vacuum system installed. I remember my amazement as I tried it out for the first time and realized it practically pushes itself! "I'll vacuum every time if I get to use THIS!", I remember saying.

I remember testing out the shiny, red BOB jogging stroller in the parking lot of IKEA. "This practically pushes itself!", I excitedly reported. This newer version of the stroller had large rubber and plastic wheels that could glide over bumpy trails. It was so easy to push; I was sure I'd go running every day.

It didn't take long for me to realize that--central vacuum or not--I was still just vacuuming. And--fancy schmancy jogging stroller or not--I was still just running. And I don't like vacuuming or running.